Visiting the Festival
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our exciting and diverse city for the UKRO Festival of Rescue 2022. We hope everyone will not only enjoy the Festival but take the opportunity to get to know Birmingham a bit better.
Whether you're taking part in the competition, cheering on someone else or just looking forward to taking in the Festival, this page will be your one stop shop on how to get here, where to stay and some of the best places to eat, drink and explore. Take a look below for more information on our exciting venues, and read through some of the articles below.
The Main Venue
Located in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, just a short walk from New Street station and the iconic Bullring Shopping Centre, the former Smithfield Market site will be transformed into our main festival venue.
The site was be a core part of the Commonwealth Games 2022 festivities, hosting the Beach Volleyball and Basketball 3 on 3 events. The week prior to UKRO 2022, it also hosted Birmingham Pride.
Visit our Google Maps page to see how best to get to the site.
The main Smithfield festival site is a short ride from most city centre locations. Voi is proud to be the official sustainable transport partner for the Festival. While providing thousands of free rides to competing firefighters, Voi is also offering special discounts for spectators to help them to travel sustainably and is thrilled to offer all riders 50% off three (3) Day Passes to help them travel over the entirety of the event with the voucher code UKRO. Codes must be redeemed and used by 1 October 2022. Riders can access the discounts in three easy steps:
- Downloading the Voi app via Android or iPhone
- Open the in-app wallet and enter voucher code ‘UKRO’ into the redeem a voucher section. The voucher code is to be redeemed and used by 11:59 pm Sat 1 Oct 2022
- Find and unlock an available Voi e-scooter using the in-app map
Train and tram transport
Transport for WM are offering discounted travel, with friends and family tickets available for just £1!
Visit the Transport for WM website for more information.
- 11 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station - View directions
- 15 minutes from Birmingham Moor Street Train Station - View directions
- 20 minute walk from Birmingham Snow Hill Train Station - View directions
- The nearest WM Metro Tram stop is Grand Central, which is a 15 minute walk from the festival site - View directions